August 22, 2012 § 34 Comments
To be honest, I haven’t stepped into my kitchen to cook a meal in a long time. I’m all for recipes that are easy enough and require little cooking time, though. Shrimp ceviche is exactly one of those, and so refreshing for the summer.
What you’ll need (serves 4 as an appetizer):
- Half pound of shrimp
- 1 cucumber
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1/5 cup of cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 clove of garlic
- Half of a red onion
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup of lime juice
- Cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, and sugar to taste
- Peel and cook shrimp thoroughly, set aside. Dice shrimp.
- Chop and dice cucumber, serrano pepper, cilantro, avocado, garlic, and red onion.
- Mix shrimp and chopped vegetables with lemon and lime juice.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar to taste.
- Serve chilled.