May 30, 2012 § 25 Comments
I’m all about snacks that are both healthy and delicious, like granola, trail mix, and kale chips. I had an abundance of apples from Trader Joe’s and decided to utilize them in some form of snack. I’ve made apple pie before so was opting for something lighter. Enter: apple chips. They are crispy, sweet, and super simple to make.
4 Granny Smith apples
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200°.
2. Thinly slice apples.
3. Combine lemon juice and sugar together in a bowl.
4. Dip apple slices into lemon and sugar mix — this is to avoid apples from turning brown prematurely.
5. Arrange slices on parchment paper — do not overlap apple slices.
6. Sprinkle on cinnamon and more sugar if you wish.
7. Bake until apple slices are crisp. This can take up to 2 hours.