Strawberries and Cream Rolled Up Cake
April 15, 2012 § 19 Comments
I wanted to utilize the box of strawberries that my mom gave me to make a Spring dessert. Something that didn’t require too much time and something that is easy to eat. I decided on a rolled-up cake. The recipe is even easier since I used a boxed cake mix. The result was fantastic: fluffy cake and naturally sweet and fresh strawberries all in one bite.
For the cake: 1 box of Betty Crocker Angle Food Cake Mix; 1.25 cups of water
For the filling: diced strawberries and Cool Whip
- Beat the cake mix and water together. Spread onto a 15 x 10-inch pan. Bake for approx 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Make the filling by mixing Cool Whip with diced strawberries.
- When the cake is done, cut off edges and place rectangular cake onto saran wrap.
- Spread strawberry cream filling on top of cake.
- Roll-up cake. Use additional Cool whip to seal edges.