Mini Rectangular Apple Pie
September 23, 2011 § Leave a comment
I try to avoid fast food as much as possible. But seems like whenever I go on road trips with my girlfriends, we tend to stop by a McDonald’s at least once on the road. Whether it’d be to grab a quick lunch, or a snack while we stop to refill gas, those are pretty much the only times I’d find myself at fast food restaurants.
Just last weekend, we stopped by a McDonald’s while on the way to Palm Springs. I resisted when the cashier asked if I wanted to get an apple pie for $.50, but have been strangely craving for one since. I decided to make my own this week. I used Smitten Kitchen’s recipe for both the crust and apple fillings. The recipe calls for a full-sized pie. Below I’ve listed instructions on how I assembled into individual ones.
1. Roll out dough and cut into 2in x 3in rectangles
2. Take one rectangle, brush egg wash on top. This will help glue the top rectangle together.
3. Spread apple filling in the middle of dough.
4. For the top dough, use a knife to make several slits.
5. Use a fork to press the edges of both top and bottom rectangles together.
The results came out fantastic! And the next time we go on a road trip, I’ll be sure to make some for the road.